Definition and interpretation
- Data: collectively all information that you submit to Nail Talk Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
- Cookies: a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out below;
- Nail Talk Ltd: Nail Talk Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 04801776 whose registered office is at 7 Milbanke Court, Milbanke Way, Bracknell, RG12 1RP;
- User or you: any third party that accesses the Website
- Website: the website that you are currently using, www.nailtalk.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site
We may automatically collect the following Data from you:
- Anonymised demographic information
- IP address
- web browser type and version
- operating system
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
Nail Talk Ltd will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, email or through any other means;
- when you use our services
Data that is collected automatically
When you access our website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- We will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. Further information about the cookies we use can be found below.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with and improve our services offered, as well as to improve the experience of using our Website. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (further explained under ‘Your Rights’ below).
Who we share Data with
Data collected by us can be shared with our employees for the reasons listed above. The services we use to collect data will store the information on their servers (Google and AddThis). Data is not shared with any third parties.
Keeping Data secure
We use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Data is only accessible with a username and password
- Data is stored on secure servers
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: email@example.com
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access - the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time or that we modify, update, or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information that we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive”. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems
- Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data
- Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data, please contact us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by use, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, where this website and business is based, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
Nail Talk Ltd may at any time expand, reduce, sell or transfer control of all or part of our business. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, by transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently.
If it recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
|Type of Cookie||Purpose|
|Strictly necessary cookies||These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website.|
|Analytical/performance cookies||These are cookies that allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps to improve the way our website works.|
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up-to-date, but if you think we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|CMSSESSID||Cookies starting CMSSESSID are created by our Content Management System of choice, CMS Made Simple, to enable its functionality. These cookies are essential to the correct function of the website.|
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
|Description of Cookie||Purpose|
|AddThis||The AddThis social media sharing button uses several cookies to enable functionality|
|Google Maps||Google Maps collects statistical information regarding map usage|
|Google Analytics||Google Analytics collects statistical information regarding site usage|